On 5 April 2016 the JRC presented the interactive and collaborative online European Energy Efficiency Platform. This beta platform is conceived to fill the gap opened by scattered data and fragmented knowledge resulting from a rapidly growing energy efficiency market. It is expected to be both a one-stop shop for information retrieval and a meeting point for experts to exchange data and reduce redundant activities.
created on: 25.03.16, last revision: 25.03.16
Please also review the Europa website Legal Notice to which this E3P website is subject to, and the terms and conditions to upload content and to download content, incorporated herein by reference.
The E3P website is a project owned by the European Union which provides the energy efficiency community with a one-stop-shop, delivering data and analysis on energy efficiency policies, technologies, economics and social aspects.
The E3P website is an interactive and collaborative tool where experts can build and share evidence-based knowledge to reinforce the energy efficiency community and support the European policy making.
The E3P website serves the following purposes:
- overcoming the existing fragmentation of information and data in the energy efficiency field;
- serve as a single entry point for comprehensive, up-to-date and relevant data and information:
- share readily accessible and reusable data and knowledge and overall support an open community of energy efficiency experts.
The main tools available to the user on the E3P website are:
- the Data Hub, where datasets can be uploaded, elaborated and downloaded;
- the WikEE where articles can be written that connect the scattered information around a given topic;
- the Community section where working groups can be created for discussions on specific subjects.
For the sake of clarity, Your Content shall mean any material, including without limitation, texts, contributions to existing texts, comments, data, datasets, blog posts, forum posts, images, illustrations, audio material, video material and audio-visual material, that you submit to the E3P website for whatever purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- Your Content is your own original creation and you own all rights to Your Content or
- You have obtained all necessary permissions or consents from third parties having rights on Your Content, for uploading it or submitting it on the EP3 website.
Rights you license
You retain all your rights in Your Content, but you are required to grant a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence to any user of the E3P website.
This licence allows others to use, adapt, modify and build upon Your Content even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit you for the original creation. Please take a moment to read the full text license available here.
General restrictions on use
The European Union hereby grants you the right to access and use the Service, subject to the following conditions:
- you agree not to perform any activity that could harm or violate the European Union's network performance and/or security, and, upload files containing virus or other malware that might damage the operation of another user's computer;
- you agree not to upload or link to any content which is or could be considered as defamatory, abusive, obscene, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains any other inappropriate or illegal content, personal information of others, risks infringing copyright or any other intellectual property or privacy rights , or otherwise violates any laws;
- you agree not to use the European Union emblem or otherwise use the official name and credentials of the European Union if it is likely to create confusion between the E3P website user and the European Union or the Council of Europe or if it is linked to aims or activities incompatible with the principles and objectives of the European Union. Further detailed information on the EU emblem can be found on the Europa web site;
- you agree not to explicitly advertise products or services without our prior consent or the adequate context i.e. in the case of a thread discussing Tools & Technology
- you agree not to register to solely post, endorse or promote for your own personal gain.
The European Union is not responsible for any uploaded or otherwise submitted content. Such content expresses the views of their authors only, including where the authors are staff members of the European Commission.
Content monitoring and Termination
Staff members of the European Union as E3P's administrators reserve the right to monitor Your Content, groups and comments. E3P's administrators reserve the rights to un-publish Your Content without prior notice to you. Requests for Your Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at the E3P's administrators' discretion.
The E3P's administrators also reserve the right to suspend, temporarily or permanently, or delete your account without previous notice if deemed necessary.
Once your content is posted, any modification on it will need to undergo the E3P validation procedure before it becomes publicly available.
- Keep all contributions within the appropriate area of interest.
- Use short and concise titles when posting documents or blog entries.
- Make an effort to communicate as clearly as possible.
- Refrain from using inappropriate or offensive language.
- Treat all other E3P members in a respectful and courteous manner at all times, even in the event of disagreements.
Report a Rule Infraction